Negueira de Muñiz
A heritage to be known
Between Galicia and Asturias
Since 1929 the history of Negueira de Muñiz has been linked to Don José Antonio Muñiz Alvarez, who manages to establish Negueira as an independent town hall, and also to the construction of the Grandas de Salime reservoir.
The entire territory of this municipality lucense is surrounded by pure nature between mountains and valleys next to the Navia River and formerly part of the jurisdiction of Burón.
Thirty places that form the City Hall of Negueira de Muñiz have had a great archaeological heritage since prehistoric times. The construction of the reservoir divided the region in two and under the waters are hidden treasures that sometimes come to light.
On the banks of the Navia River there are wonderful works of civil, popular and religious architecture. The chapels of Tallobre, Pieiga, Ouviaño, Vilaseca, Entrealgo or Santalla, attest to the great value that is preserved between the native forests and the centuries-old vineyards of Negueira de Muñiz.
Places of ethnographic and historical interest
In addition to cultural and landscape beauties, in the municipality of Negueira de Muñiz, we find architectural works, such as the Boabdil Bridge.
The temple of San Salvador, built in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century, is a beautiful plant building in the form of a Latin cross.
Five kilometers from Negueira de Muñiz, there is a very special village where only one house remains, but it preserves twenty century-old wineries.
Negueira de Muñiz Tourism
A paradise to enjoy
The country of Abeyeiro, a family stone and slate house of the early twentieth century, rehabilitated and converted into a place to give life to the valuable beekeeping world and get to know the world of bees.